Possible i915 problems?

Stew stew.irc at pm.me
Wed Jun 12 12:41:56 UTC 2024

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 6.5.8 to 6.9.3-1, and have experienced problems in X11. The laptop gpu is an Intel GM45, and I am using an external monitor via the display port. I am using kms, the i915 module, and xorg (device driver modesetting).

I have tested on the following versions:

6.5.8
----------
Works as normal

6.6.14
Works as normal

6.7.4
External monitor does not have signal, window manager appears to freeze on start, even on laptop screen

6.9.3-1
External monitor only works at resolution 1024x768, and loses signal when trying to switch to a higher resolution. Laptop screen works (operating at 1024x768). When external monitor is switched to 2560x1440, xrandr shows display port external monitor as connected, and set at 2560x1440, but has no signal.

Thank you to the GNU Linux-libre team.